WHAT ARE THE GOALS?
New York State started the make-ready program initiative in 2020 to support electric infrastructure development, reduce upfront costs of assembling charging stations, and deploy 850,000 EVs by 2025.
Central Hudson’s goal is to support the installation of more than 3000 electric vehicle (EV) chargers over the next four years. This program depends on contractors (like Seed!) to build EV infrastructure in the Central Hudson service area. Central Hudson is offering $21,140,800 in incentive funding for the light-duty make-ready program. They are accepting applicants until December 31, 2025, or until the budget is dispensed.
Central Hudson offers three different programs
- Light-Duty Make-Ready Program
- Medium-Duty/ Heavy-Duty Make-Ready Pilot
- Direct Current Fast Charging (DCFC) Equipment Costs
The Light-duty Make-Ready Program is a one-time incentive for purchasing and installing equipment for light-duty vehicle charging stations.
The Medium-Duty/ Heavy-Duty Make-Ready Pilot is a one-time incentive for:
- Medium to heavy-duty vehicle operators
- Disadvantaged communities (DAC)
- Approved for the New York Truck Voucher Incentive Program.
- A site that requires a capacity upgrade or new service
DCFC Equipment Costs is to help offset equipment, operation, and demand costs of DCFC charging stations.
What is the program offering?
The Central Hudson Electric Make-Ready (EVMR) program offers incentives to help individuals cover infrastructure costs associated with (EV) chargers. The incentives are for the following:
- Level 2 (L2) and Direct Current Fast Charging (DCFC) stations for Light-Duty (LD) and Medium-Duty/Heavy-Duty (MD/HD) charging.
L2 Chargers are for home and public use. DCFC chargers are for commercial use only. Level 1 is for home charging only and does not qualify for the program.
- Light duty EVs may earn up to 100% of the incentives for utility- and customer-side costs.
- While medium and heavy-duty EVs are eligible for up to 90% incentives for utility-side cost only!
WHAT are Some of the benefits?
Some benefits of participating in the Central Hudson EVMR program as an approved contractor are:
- Bring in revenue for your business
- Build recognition
- Improve sustainability
- Attract new customers while retaining existing customers